Apple resmi merilis update iOS 11.4 untuk pengguan iPhone, iPad dan iPod Touch. Fitur utama yang diberikan pada update kali ini adalah AirPlay 2 untuk perangkat HomePod dan Messages on iCloud dan sejumlah perbaikan penting untuk fitur lainnya. Berikut ini kutipan lengkapnya:
iOS 114 includes AIrPlay 2 muItI room audio support
for HomePod stereo pairs, and Messages In iCloud. This update also includes bug fixes and improvements.
- Control your home audio system and AirPlay 2- enabled speakers throughout your house.
- Play music at the same time on multiple AirPlay 2- enabled speakers in your house, ail in sync.
- Control AirPlay 2–enabled speakers from Control Center, the Look screen, or Airplay controls within apps on your iPhone or iPad.
- Use your voice to control AirPlay enabled speaker with Siri from your iPhone or iPad, HomePod, or Apple TV.
- Take a call or play a game on your iPhone or iPad without interrupting playback on your AirPlay 2 enabled speakers.
- HomePod stereo pair
- This update supports setting up your HomePod stereo pair using your iPhone or iPad.
- Homepod pair automatically senses its location in the room and balances the sound based on the speakers locations.
- Advanced beamforming provides wider soundstage than traditional stereo pair.
- HomePod will automatioally update to support stereo pairs, unless auto updates are disabled in the Home app.
- Messages In iCloud
- Store your messages, photos, and other attachments in iCloud and free up space on your devices.
- All your messages appear when you sign into a new device with the same iMessage account.
- When you delete messages and conversations they are instantly removed from all your devices.
- To turn on Messages in iCloud, enable Messages in iCloud settings (Settings > [your name] > iCloud)
- Your conversations continue to be end-to-end encrypted.
- Other improvements and fixes
- Enables teachers to assign their students reading activities in iBooks using the Schoolwork app.
- Fixes an issue where certain character sequences could cause Messages to crash.
- Addresses a Messages issue that could cause some messages to appear out of order.
- Addresses an issue that could prevent logging in or accessing files on Google Drive, Google Docs and Gmail in Safari.
- Fixes an issue that could prevent data syncing in Health.
- Fixes an issue that could prevent users from changing what apps can access Health data.
- Resolves an issue that could cause an app to appear in an incorrect location on “the Home screen
- Fixes an issue where CarPlay audio could become distorted.
- Fixes an issue where selecting music from your iPhone could fail when playing music over Bluetooth or when connected to USB on some vehicles.